Thursday 14 January 2010

psalm 5

i read this today and i think this is my new favourite psalm.
in the first half David says this:
"You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil;
with you the wicked cannot dwell.

The arrogant cannot stand in your presence;
you hate all who do wrong.

You destroy those who tell lies;
bloodthirsty and deceitful men
the LORD abhors."
and that's pretty much everyone. or at the very least it is completely me.
so i start to think about how God doesn't take pleasure in me, i can't dwell with Him, or even stand in His presence.
but more than that He hates me. He abhors me and He will destroy me.
and for one reason or another i just didn't see the next verse coming, and it floored me.
"But I,
by your great mercy,
will come into your house"

No comments:

Post a Comment